LifeLens Technologies, Inc. is a medical device developer located in Ivyland, PA. We are pioneering innovative, next-generation treatment devices for personal health monitoring.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working within teams and independently. You will have the opportunity to work on advanced, cutting-edge technologies designed to revolutionize wearable health care. You are collaborative, detailed oriented and goal driven. You excel at developing concepts, resolving technical issues and providing support in a dynamic environment. Your passion and drive will be rewarded with a competitive salary, benefits, and long-term growth opportunities.
This is a full-time, on-site position.
- Participate in the generation of system requirements and specifications
- Carry out electrical engineering design activities including: design, debug, modifications and verification of electrical components of the company’s products
- Develop and document circuit schematics and create the BOM for printed circuit board assemblies
- Develop manufacturing and test instructions
- Support the layout of as well as DFMA and DFT of printed circuit boards
- Develop or support designs incorporating FPGAs and develop or update VHDL code in FPGA designs
- Participate in or lead design reviews by providing expertise on hardware design
- Transfer designs to in-house manufacturing or to contract manufacturers and act as liaison with contract manufacturer for all design issues
- Carry out all design work in accordance with the Profound Medical’s Design Control Procedure
- Ensure the device’s electrical safety and participate in risk management activities
- Work with certification labs to test and certify the products to applicable safety and EMC standards
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations (RoHS)
- Lead hardware improvement projects as required by the business
- Support manufacturing activities as needed
- Sound knowledge of electronics engineering design principles for analog, digital and RF mixed signal designs
- Electrical/RF engineering for MRI compatible electrical devices is an asset
- Familiarity with IEC 60601 family of standards: Design and testing for EMC
- Experience working with FPGAs and writing VHDL code
- Demonstrated ability to design products in a timely fashion with high quality
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal technical communications skills
- Detail-orientated, highly motivated, patient and diligent
- Able to work well in teams and independently
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 related years experience required.
LifeLens will conduct interviews within the safety guidelines outlined by Governor Wolf and the PA Department of Health. All new hires will be required to show proof of vaccination for Covid19 on their first day of employment. Medical and religious accommodations will be recognized.